Removing vinyl correctly is just as important as it's application!
Get removal wrong and you could damage your paintwork/glass irrevocably .*
We share some methods that we use in the graphics department.
Points to take away:
- A bladed remover tool is only recommended for glass AND if you're a seasoned pro
- A plastic scraper tool is the best bet for beginners. You can find them online (for example https://amzn.to/3qo0bpH)
- A degreaser will remove any leftover glue residue from the sticker
- If vinyl has been on for a very long time, or has a particularly tough hold, heat will help melt the glue backing.
- A hairdryer is the safest way to heat up vinyl to remove.
- A heat gun WILL damage your vehicle if allowed to get too hot.
*We take no responsibility for any damage to your vehicle and you proceed at your own risk